How to Get Glowing Skin
How to Get Glowing Skin
A healthy diet and exercise is the key to glowing skin. However, you ask, how do I get that healthy glow?
Do not worry! We have got you covered with these five tips so you can show off your best skin yet this coming summer!
- Drink up rather than down at least 8-10 glasses of water every day so your skin stays hydrated. A healthy, well-hydrated complexion is far more likely to have a nice glow compared to dehydrated skin. In addition, staying properly hydrated helps keep your overall health on track as well!
- Exfoliate regularly for softer, smoother, healthier-looking skin. This will also help prevent breakouts by removing dirt and oil from pores. If you want to make sure your exfoliate is helping, avoid getting any in your mouth or eyes, as this can be irritating. Once a week should do the trick–no need to overdo it! Just remember to drink up rather than down, exfoliate regularly, use sunscreen every day, regulate sleep patterns, and do not forget to quit smoking for that glowing skin you have always dreamed of!
- Use sunscreen every day. Even if it is cloudy or cold outside, UV light can penetrate thin clouds and even through glass, so always use SPF 30+ daily. Be sure to reapply throughout the day after sweating or swimming for an added layer of protection. Wearing a hat and sunglasses with your sunscreen is also a great way to shield your skin from harmful UV rays.
- Moisturize or Serum with vitamin C. Vitamin C is a great antioxidant and if you apply it topically, it can help prevent wrinkles, redness, and sunspots. When choosing a moisturizer or serum, look for one with vitamin C to get the most out of your product.
- Be gentle on your skin. To get the best results from all of your hard work, avoid scrubbing too hard when cleansing and be sure to gently massage lotion into your face to help it absorb better. This will leave your skin with a polished but natural glow.
- Keep stress in check. While we all have stress in our lives, try to make an effort to manage your anxiety levels by meditating, taking a walk, exercising, or reading a book. All of these things can help keep your stress in check and prevent it from affecting your skin.
- Get enough sleep. Catching those extra Zzz’s will help improve your overall health as well as help you look more refreshed and less tired. Getting enough sleep can also help give your complexion a nice glow by improving blood flow and reducing inflammation. Do not forget about regulating sleep patterns. Getting enough sleep helps keep skin healthy, which makes us look more awake and refreshed! Aim for at least 7 hours each night if possible. However, try to avoid napping during the day if you can help it, as that can interfere with your sleep-wake cycle and mess with your skin.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet. If you are not getting the proper nutrients from fruits, vegetables, healthy fats, whole grains, and lean proteins, your skin will suffer from dryness or oiliness, leaving you with duller-looking skin. Not only that, eating nutrient-rich foods will help keep your body healthy and looking fit.
- Regularly remove makeup and cleanse your skin. It is a myth that washing too often dries out the skin–it has the opposite effect! If you have dry or sensitive skin, using a gentle cleanser twice daily will help keep it balanced. Remember to wash away from the face, as you do not want to tug and pull on your delicate facial skin.
- Stop smoking! If you are not a smoker already but find yourself hanging out with smokers more often than usual, try cutting back or quitting altogether as smoke can be detrimental to the health of your skin too. Holding in smoke can cause irritation, uneven skin tone, and aging. That “just-came-from-outside” glow is just your skin trying to heal itself from the damage done by smoking cigarettes.
- Finally, remember to eat a balanced diet. Eating a variety of foods from different food groups helps ensure you are getting all the nutrients necessary for healthy skin. If you are not, sure what balance is right for you, speak to a registered dietitian or doctor!
be healthy and choose a healthy lifestyle for great skin. You will thank yourself later when you are running around with your friends on the beach this summer!
That is it! Follow these tips and you are sure to have glowing skin this summer, without the need for heavy makeup or costly treatments. As always, be sure to consult your doctor before trying anything new.
5 Tips to Get Glowing Skin:
– Drink up! Proper hydration is key for healthy-looking skin
– Exfoliate often by using an exfoliating mask once a week
– Wear sunscreen and reapply throughout the day
– Moisturize or Serum with vitamin C
– Keep stress in check to prevent breakouts and other skin issues. **