When you are just starting to use makeup from makeup bag, deciding what type of products to buy can be difficult. You might have many questions for an industry that is not always clear about how to use its products or which ones are appropriate for different skin colors.
If you are at the beginning of your journey into using makeup, these ten items should be in without question inside your makeup bag:
Moisturizer with sunscreen already added
– The sun can do terrible things to the skin if you do not protect it every day. Applying sunscreen every day is so important because there are so many elements that damage our precious skin cells. Age spots, wrinkles,
And broken capillaries all come from prolonged exposure to UV rays that sneak in through windows and bounce off reflective surfaces everywhere. Applying sunscreen every day will help protect your skin from all this damage!
Sunscreen is also a key element in how to look young for longer because it preserves the collagen in our skin by protecting it from harmful UV rays. Collagen naturally breaks down over time, which causes wrinkles, sagging skin, and age spots.
Sunscreen helps prevent this process from progressing at such a drastic rate, which ultimately leaves us looking older than we are. It is always best to use an SPF 30 sunscreen daily but if you work or spend, a lot of time outside then consider using SPF 50+ when going out in the sun for an extended period.
– There are different types of face cleansers that each have their unique benefits. Before you purchase a product, it is important to read the label and think about what issues your skin may be experiencing because not all products are meant for sensitive skin including acne, dryness, or oily skin.
If you have dry or sensitive skin, then using something like Cetaphil moisturizing cream cleanser will be perfect for everyday use. It is non-comedogenic which means that it will not clog pores.
– The best way to get rid of 100% of shine throughout the day is to use powder foundation. The powder can easily take away excess oil that causes your makeup to slip and slide. The best way to apply it is by using a powder brush so you can have more control.
If you are just starting with makeup, then I would suggest trying Bare Minerals foundation because the coverage is buildable and breathable. It also comes in different tones, which means that multiple shades match many different skin tones!
– If your dark circles or acne scars need covering up, then using concealer is necessary. Concealers come in all shapes and sizes but for beginners, I recommend trying the Elf brand because it is cheap (only $3) and has great reviews on Ultra’s website.
– Blush is meant to make your skin look fresh and energetic. It adds color back to your face after applying foundation, concealer, contour powders, bronzer, or highlighter. You can use cream or powder blush depending on the results you are trying for but most people will use blush every day once they discover how versatile it truly is!
– Setting your entire face with a loose translucent powder will prevent any creasing throughout the day as well as keep oil at bay. It is best to choose something like Bare Minerals Matte Mineral Veil because it is 100% mineral-based and has great reviews on Ultra’s website!
There are different types of powder that be used during different times of the year. For example, during the summer, you can use a translucent powder and for wintertime, I would suggest using a setting powder.
– Perfecting your brows is an important step when it comes to makeup application because they frame your face! Whether you have full brows or just want to add some extra oomph, then this product is for you.
Many different brands sell gels but my favorite is Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel. It has great reviews and the wand allows me to shape and perfect my brows with ease!
– This key component in how to look young by accent your eyes and keeping lashes looking full. With that said, it is important to choose the right mascara for you because not all of them are made equal!
Many people like using Maybelline Great Lash Mascara because it is affordable (only $5.79) and has great reviews on Ultra’s website. If you are looking for something higher end then try Benefit They are Real Lengthening Mascara.
The reason why I love this one is that it darkens my lashes without leaving clumps, which gives me a natural look!
– Whether your eyes are light or darker in color, adding just a little bit of color can help define your eyes making you look younger!